Using MOSSAutoCompleter with WSS 3.0 ???

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Hello,

i´m just downloading your MOSSAutoCompleter Field and tryed to use it in an WSS 3.0 Installation. Install and activation where no problem. But when i try to use it it throws an Error. I can put it in a list and also when creating a new item it shows up and give me the possible items when typing an letter in the Textbox. But when i hit ok, for creating the new Item it throws an error saying that the value is outside the expected range.

Work this field only on MOSS???

Thanks,

Maik

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Forget to say that i try use it on a german system but it's only working on my english system. Is there a chance to get it working on a german installation??

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Hi,

Sorry for delay.

But the field is working only english or russian system. I can localize for german system, but I don't know German.

I didn't test on german system.

I will glade if anybody hepls me with german translation.

I have one temp. solution:

Please find resources for this field in root web application with name 'MOSSAutoCompleter'. You can find 'MOSSAutoCompleter.en-US', 'MOSSAutoCompleter.en-GB', 'MOSSAutoCompleter.ru-RU'.

Please copy 'MOSSAutoCompleter.en-GB' and change name to 'MOSSAutoCompleter.de-DE'

May be it hepls, if not, please send me error from wss log file.

Best regards,

Smart84

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Hi,

maybe if you want i can help you with the German translation.

Your tip with the changing of the fileending just helped in the case that the value of the Autocomplete field is a Number. I´ve  tested it with every List in the site and also in the Subsites, thought i´m back in the time when i was a QA Engenieer ;-).

So every field that is only a Number works, all other not.

I have take a look at the Logs but there is no error Message for the MOSSAutocomplete Field. But here is the Message (in english) i get after pressing OK:

Failed to retrieve the value of the column "test3" from the control of the field-type "auto completer. Further details can be found in the log. Exception message: The value is outside the expected range ..

test3 is the Name of the auto completer column.

Hopefully this helps a little.

Best regards,

Maik

Jan 18, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Hi

i same get the error :

Failed to retrieve the value of the column "test3" from the control of the field-type "auto completer. Further details can be found in the log. Exception message: The value is outside the expected range ..

or

can you publish your source code ? thank very much.